Missing some completion

Aug 1, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Hi guys, there are some lost completion.

Functions from loaded scripts. In my case I have a lot of functions in my profile and i don't have any suggestion when i start typing it.

Scripts. I have a special folder were i put all my scripts that i consider important. I added that dir to the PATH variable and Powershell autocompletes the names for those scripts. With powertab i don't have this suggestions.

Other thing, you say that are "Extension Points" and we can extent the completion trough this points, can you give an example of this. Can i put this two missing completion features with this extensions points?

Thanks.

Michael Soza.

Aug 2, 2010 at 5:51 PM

I have some functions declared in my profile and they show up in PowerTab when I hit tab.

In Profile:

function Get-Test { 'test' }

Get-T[TAB]

Gets me a list of all function starting with Get-T, including Get-Test.  I have all my scrips also in my ENV:Path variable and they show up fine.  I assume you added the directory to $Env:Path. 

$Env:Path += ';<AdditionalDirectory>'

When you start a new instance of PowerShell, do you see a version message from PowerTab?  This is what I normally see.

PowerTab version 0.99.5.1 PowerShell TabExpansion Library
Host: ConsoleHost
PowerTab Enabled: True

What version is it showing for you?  Something weird is happening in your case.

Thanks,

Stephen

Coordinator
Aug 2, 2010 at 10:25 PM

Any function should get tab expanded, you can tab expand commands in the following ways:

Get-<TAB>

Get%<TAB>

PowerTab does not yet handle script names from the System Path, but that is a great idea.

Coordinator
Aug 2, 2010 at 10:26 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.