Pointless "Set-Location/Set-LocationEx" auto-complete shows up when I start up a new session

Apr 12, 2013 at 4:52 AM
I have a fairly complicated profile script, but PowerTab is currently the second-to-last command in it. However, whenever I start up PowerShell, I get a useless and annoying tab completion window that displays Set-Location and Set-LocationEx; I generally have to type some gibberish, hit Tab, and then Esc a few times to get rid of it.

What's up with this?
Apr 15, 2013 at 3:40 PM
I've had the same problem and could workaround it by setting the Default Tab Item Selector to "Intellisense". You can do this by changing the value of the "DefaultHandler" property in the "Global" category to "Intellisense" within the PowerTabConfig.xm file.
Apr 15, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Hmm, thanks, that does seem to avoid the problem. I guess I'll have to get used to the weird popup window now though.
Apr 19, 2013 at 12:23 PM
this worked great for me thanks, not getting any popups
Coordinator
Apr 23, 2013 at 9:45 PM
I have run into this as well. The problem is that PS v3 will automatically run a tab expand for "Set-Location" right after your first prompt comes up. I don't know why it does this and I am looking for a good way to detect this happening and not show it to the user.
Coordinator
Apr 23, 2013 at 10:29 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.